Augmented Reality & Virtual Reality Developers
- What does “STEM” mean?
The word STEM is used when talking about Science, technology, engineering, and mathematics. It is generally used as a way to describe schools, teaching/learning, and many other things.
- Why is the role you chose an important one in STEM fields?
When it comes to AR VR it can have many important uses in the stem field whether it is used in medicine, the military, or even just completing simple everyday tasks it can be very useful.
- What makes this position interesting and unique?
The number of ways you can use it. There are countless things to do with AR/VR and there always will be. Some are more important than others but there are tons of ways people can improve other lives or even just make something cool for people to play, watch or use.
- What makes this role similar to others?
The ability to be creative when thinking/creating things with it. It is really open to doing whatever you want to make with it. Like I said above there are countless things you can do in this field like you can with other developing/engineering jobs.
- What specific programming languages and tools could one expect to work within this position?
- What is an example of a problem or a challenge someone in this role could solve or be asked to work on?
An example of something that AR/VR has solved is giving practice to medical students whether it be AR or VR they are able to practice with surgery, or even just be able to see things without actually having to go somewhere to see them/practice on them.
- What are some positives about this position?
Some positives are the opportunities that come with AR/VR. There are tons of them all over the place it's a very important and big field.